I get a lot of questions when it comes to oils so I decided to gather some of the most frequent ones so you can review them on your own! If you do have a question that is not listed though, don’t hesitate to ask. I still have some many questions throughout my oil journey so I would love to share my learning with you. The best part of Young Living is if I don’t know, I have a whole community to share with you to help us learn together!
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Not at all! I have been a wholesale member since April of 2015 and I was by no means a “distributor”. Most folks did not even know I used oils, let alone that I had the option to sell them to others. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts. An actual fact is that 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
Absolutely not! There is no minimum monthly purchase. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
I found myself using so many different oils in our everyday lives that for us, it made sense to enroll in the rewards program through Young Living called Essential Rewards. This allows me to make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of my purchases. It also allows me to budget my oils throughout our calendar year instead of making more hefty orders a couple of times a year. It’s a really neat program to join if you find that you want to purchase regularly but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member.
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oil companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it? Especially these days, every person on Facebook is selling this type of oil or another. I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me. Remember these oils enter your blood stream and you can ingest them. I wanted to make sure what I put in my body was pure.
Young Living was the only company that:
- Has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown).
- Could guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand).
- Has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not).
- Only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
- Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. Anyone can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company which made me feel 100% much more comfortable with Young Living and their quality.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils! I will also send you tons of personal reference materials for you to get learning as soon as your oils arrive.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
For the longest time, I thought the answer to this question was “yes”; however, the more I learn about their product line and company, I was surprised to find out that Young Living has an entire line of personal care products (shampoo to make-up and more), supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, cleaning products and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, Frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products and Thieves for cleaning), but there’s a wide variety of products available.
Thanks so much for reading and please let me know if I can answer any questions for you!